<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d8550954\x26blogName\x3dAdventures+in+Heroing\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://heroswelcome.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://heroswelcome.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-4696448520857565605', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Calling all my fashionista friends....

Yo mamma needs some help.

I bought these shoes today to wear to my Uncle's wedding on Saturday. Normally, because I have frigged up feet, I wear nylons with dress shoes. If I don't, I get blisters from hell. But, the forecast for Saturday is for temps in the upper 80's, low 90's so I just can't see myself wearing another unnecessary layer in that kind of heat.

[As an aside, my sisters and I are also singing two songs during the ceremony so my panic heat will also be in full throttle as well]

My question for those of you that love me so is this: Is there anything I can do to prevent the strap closest to my toes from bringing on a blister? Powder? Anything other than wearing nylons? I fear blisters. I did buy them a half size bigger than I usually wear to compensate for the "being on my feet, hell, my toes for hours on end in extreme heat" swelling I can already foresee happening. But, is there anything else to curb the friction?

I hate feet.

3 Rescued:

At 2:21 AM, Blogger MsThang said...

I will start off with I LOVE THOSE SHOES! Great choice. If you had more time I would say wear them for a day and let the blistering action happen, 9 times out of 10 my feet won't blister twice on the same pair of shoes.

I normally get a clear bandaid and place it in the areas that i blister, but I will think of some other craftier ways to protect your feet and get back with ya.

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger MsThang said...

Ok I have been trying to search for ways to prevent it, and found nothing. I did read about toughening up the skin before hand by rubbing alcohol on it, and etc. I think your safest bet is to put clear tape over the area that normally blisters, or checking out the dr.scholls area for any blister treatment remedies, they should help prevent them as well.

I hope this helps.

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger bushra said...

i put fabric plaster (bandaid?) tape over the area where the strap will be touching.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Image hosted by Photobucket.com